Sunday 5 November 2017

Will Turning into a Pisshead Make Me Lose Weight?









I currently weigh a shocking 84kg, a horrific 13'3. This has been due to a combination of sugary, salty foods, insomnia and eating late after the gym, which itself is after work. I've tried eating more at lunch and less in the evenings, to no avail. I've tried eating more veg but it's hard work when you're cooking for one. I've tried drinking more water, going on protein shakes (they just made me fatter), doing long cardio work and extra hand weight work. Nothing is working.

What I haven't tried, though, is drinking.

Alcohol is widely known to be an appetite suppressant. (see here and here.) I very rarely drink, basically because the places I like to go that serve alcohol are extortionate, and I live at least £20's worth away in a taxi from any of the decent bars. And I'm a tight, poor bastard who's just had his disability benefits slashed in half. Cheers, ATOS. But what would happen to my weight if I have one measure of whisky at night, every night? And what if I, occasionally, drank a little more at the weekend?

With this month being Excess Month Practical, a little excess of alcohol might fit the theme. Let's take a look on 1st December.

No comments: