Monday 13 November 2017

Which Manchester Club Nights Died on their Arses This Month?

Gluttony is an emotional escape, a signal that something is eating us.
-Peter de Vries, American writer

Tell me about it, Peter. I'm back up to 82.6kg, after dipping to 79 some time between now and the 5th. I've been too busy to properly get into being a pisshead, but I assure you I'm working on it: I'm currently polishing off the remnant of an old Wild Turkey bottle as I write this. So obviously, I'm imagining I'm Hunter S Thompson Reincarnate.

A post shared by Matt Tuckey (@matttuckey) on


In other news:

I've passed the 1300 follower mark on Twitter

Meetup has redesigned: viewing and uploading events is a little simpler and more straightforward, although the homepage remains reliably identical. Unfortunately embed links are no longer supported in the new design according to the site's Twitter.

Deansgate bar The Red Door, starting place for a few meetups, appears to have shut. A friend mentioned the venue looked closed during peak hours, and their Facebook and Twitter accounts have disappeared. Oh well, it was a bit too 'Bob's Country Bunker' for me.



And this week? I was going to upload a meetup for Inked, a new night at Impossible on Peter St, but they haven't updated their social media since Halloween. It doesn't look like it runs any more. It did go up against LIV's hugely popular Thursday night slot, Socialite, a tough act to follow.

Taboo also seems to have folded- no updates on Facebook or Twitter, no response to my Facebook message. Oh well. I thought Taboo was a lot better in Tiger Tiger, and their replacement Playground night is just as good.

No weekend meetups of my own planned yet. I should put something in as I usually pull whenever I have a haircut. And as of Saturday, I've been rocking the Rose Namajunas look. Keep your eyes on Manchester Cool Bars. They're headed to History, a new swanky club. I may be putting something up very soon too...

No comments: