Sunday 16 October 2022

Radio 1 Dance in The Warehouse Project

Friday night: Radio 1 Dance, a night of dance music headlined by Fisher, who released I’m Losing It in 2018. Three of us went to Depot Mayfield for this installment of The Warehouse Project season. 

After a 45 min queue, a minor setback on entry – The Ticketmaster app, through which I’d bought and stored my ticket, refused to connect. The problem is the same right now. I talked to the staff at reception – they could see the confirmation email on my phone, and they were good with it. They said I wasn’t the first to have that problem. I got in at quarter past 10. 

Great music all night but Fisher didn’t come on until quarter to 1, by which time the Depot main room was stuffed, with only a little breathing room near the entrance and a Concourse and Archive - Rooms 2 and 3 with other DJs on. Hence, security removed a few seemingly paralytic people before midnight. Also hence the grainy, zoomed in video: 




 

Room 2:


 

Despite closing at 4, there was somewhat of an exodus before 3, I think after Fisher’s set, and I joined them. Young’uns just can’t hack it these days. Brilliant music and visuals though. For more, see the Insta story





 

No comments: