Saturday 29 October 2022

My First Attempt at Poaching an Egg

 

I was on leave a few weeks ago. 2 of my tasks for my time off were recipes: one from The Roasting Tin, one from The Hairy Dieter’s Cookbook. 

From BBC’s The Hairy Bikers, this is the book I’ve probably cooked from the most. Their breakfast section has notably quick recipes. I wanted something not too carb-based, so went for Pan-Fried Bacon with Poached Egg and Balsamic Tomatoes. 

Simple and tasty. I don’t own a pastry brush for keeping oil even in the pan, but survived. Is it worth another utensil clogging up my kitchen, that then needs to be cleaned? I also hadn’t realised I’d ran out of white wine vinegar, something I only use for recipes. 

The poached eggs came out just right. Took me 20 mins, perhaps longer than some.

No comments: