Monday 15 August 2016

Prospective Mondays

Good afternoon! Team GB are second in the Olympic medals board, a place higher than we finished in London 4 years ago. Great news. We're even beating China, who are always dominant. A nation of 64 million are hammering a nation of 1.4 billion. Be proud.

I'm currently watching as much of the games as I can: BBC coverage on TV, and one of the live streams from the BBC site on my computer. Meanwhile, I've been either redrafting my screenplay or doing weights in my lounge in an attempt to burn off fat. I'm competing against my parents and a few other relatives to lose moreweight than any of them.

Anyway, what can I tell you that could get you involved? Well, Thursday has a few things going on.

Wednesday: Kady from ITV's Love Island will host Hot Mess at Revolution Deansgate Locks, their weekly event. Although worth a look, I'm tied that night. By all means let me know. No meetup for this unfortunately.


Thursday night: Socialite returns to LIV, and Manchester Cool Bars are heading that way. You can join them. I know I will. Great RnB, a smart venue and the chance to spot a minor celebrity (probably).

Saturday night / Sunday morning sees UFC202, and headlining this night of MMA will be welterweights Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor facing off a second time. I should probably set up a meetup for this, so keep your eyes on Cool Bars.

Sunday night sees the Olympic closing ceremony. Let's see if we can climb to the top of the medals board. I think we will.

No comments: