Saturday 7 October 2017

Don't Be an Idiot and Keep Your Phone in Your Bedroom at Night: Review



Admittedly, I've occasionally been an idiot in the last month. I've tried to keep my phone out of my bedroom, but it seems, like for one in three of us, that's easier said than done. I've tried taking the charge lead out of my bedroom, but I occasionally put it back in. That's when you know you're addicted: you're reversing the actions you put in place to stop your heavy use. But I'd say I kept the phone out of the bedroom on more nights than it was in.

And what has happened in the last month? What have been the benefits? Well, it's difficult to tell.

I was hoping for some improvements at the gym. I've been using the same notebook since 2011, and it's showing- the hardback cover fell off long ago, the outside sheets have fallen away and records have been lost. I thought I'd beat a PB on dips- it seems, checking old blog posts about workouts, I haven't. Getting flu certainly didn't help. That knocked a week or so out of my schedule, and left me feeling weak. I also put on some weight whilst sat on my arse.

I've probably slept better, marginally.

I'm feeling much stronger now, though, and plan to stick to keeping the phone in the lounge.

No comments: